It is with great pains that I introduce the Redskins into this blog, but I am starting to see some parallels develop between the two brightest stars on the Washington landscape.
The most over documented and talked about story of the last year was RG3s knee injury and subsequent surgery after the Seahawks Playoffs. RG3 re-injured his knee midway through the game, but continued to play. In hindsight, playing through the injury hurt the team.
Harper was injured in game two of the Braves series. Since that point he is 1-10 and does not look 100% on the field. According to reports of his batting practice swings, he looks normal, but his game results are not not. On Friday, he came up with two out and two on in the 8th and struck out. I think it is fair to ask if his being is hurting the team as he recovers from his contusion.
- Shanahan says RG3 won’t be allowed to play before he’s 100% (profootballtalk.nbcsports.com)
- RG3 sees ‘the mistake’ in staying in Seahawks game (cbssports.com)
- The Nationals Are The Bryce Harper Show, That Is Not Good (halfstreetheartattack.com)
- Bryce Harper Was Better Than Justin Upton in April (halfstreetheartattack.com)
- Bryce Harper departs game with bruised left side (hardballtalk.nbcsports.com)
- Report: X-rays negative, but Harper to sit tonight (tracking.si.com)
- Bryce Harper to sit out Thursday night, X-rays negative (tracking.si.com)
- Joey Votto Loves Bryce Harper’s Moxie (halfstreetheartattack.com)
- Bryce Harper (shoulder bruise) returns to Nationals’ lineup (sportsillustrated.cnn.com)