Danny Espinosa has not been good on this road trip, below are his stats for the last 14 days. He is literally an automatic out. It would be one thing if this team were hitting the ball and scoring lots of runs, but on a team that seems to only manage a few runs a game. His failure is magnified because the chances to score are so few.
I am not sure what is the most startling stat:
The K rate is is unbelievably bad, unless you watch the games, in which you are surprise it is so low. Chris Carter of the Astros has a higher K rate, but he also has a .400 OBP during that time.
The batting average starts with a point zero. Dee Gordon of the Dodgers is batting one one tick bellow Danny and he also plays a middle infield position.
- Espinosa Benched for Lombardozzi Next Two Games (washington.cbslocal.com)
- Danny Espinosa hates taking pitches (halfstreetheartattack.com)
- Steve Lombardozzi really hates taking pitches (halfstreetheartattack.com)
- Could Lombardozzi replace Espinosa at 2nd (halfstreetheartattack.com)
- Should the Nats trade for Jose Altuve? (halfstreetheartattack.com)